Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thing 21 - Learn About Wikis

Describe a wiki you found that inspires you to create one of your own.

I definitely see the benefit of a wiki when working together on something collaboratively. Since I am not collaborating with anyone right now I am not inspired at the moment to create a wiki. I could see me using this in the future on a project. This could be used for school improvement projects.

However, I really liked a wiki I found that was called Web 2.0 cool tools for schools. I bookmarked it in my delicious account.
http://cooltoolsforschools.wikispaces.com

What hurdles might stand in the way of your using a wiki?
I noticed many people that started a wiki did it independently and did not come back and update their web page. I guess my understanding of making it a wiki is so that you could collaborate. I would want to work together to keep the web page updated.

Is it worth the fight?
If the information you are trying to share is valuable and would be used, I think it would be worth the fight.

1 comment:

  1. As you learned in this Thing, wikis are primarily meant to be a collaborative tool. However, many people use a wiki as a web site for sharing information with students or others. A wiki is so easy to create, you may want to consider having one just to post a collection of resources for a particular class or project.

    ReplyDelete