Saturday, March 13, 2010

Thing 12



The widget I embedded is a count down clock. I am sure all of us are looking forward to Easter Break so I put a count down clock for me and the readers of this blog to keep track of the number of days until break.

Widgets were new to me. I was surprised by how much is out there and actually want to go back to the sites and spend more time exploring.

Questions from assignment:
Are you getting comfortable with embedding codes?
Yes, I am getting more comfortable with the codes. I did not need to look back at my notes until the last step. Now hopefully, it works correctly.

Do you belong to other online communities?
The only other online community I belong to is Facebook.

Are relationships formed online as meaningful as face-to-face relationships?
For me my face-to-face relationships are definitely stronger. However, online communities such as Facebook help me keep up relationships with family and friends that I do not see on a regular basis.

Why do you think MySpace and other social networking sites are so popular with kids today?
I think they are popular with kids and adults because it helps you make connections with people that you do not talk to on a regular basis. You can let people know what is going on with your life and can keep updated with family and friends. It also can provide conversation when you do see your family and friends face-to-face. You can talk about things you have read on their social networking site.

No comments:

Post a Comment