While I was looking up some topics on You Tube my young daughter came in to watch. We watched a song called Big Pig that was by Hooked on Phonics. I liked the song. There were a lot of songs by Hooked on Phonics that I thought could be useful when teaching different phonics skills. However, I was very uncomfortable with my daughter looking at the phonics video because of all the advertisements that were around the video. I felt the content of the ads was inappropriate for my daughter and would be inappropriate for my students. However, we also watched the Water Cycle Song and we enjoyed looking at this together and there were not inappropriate ads. I am wondering if there is a way for you to show just the videos without the advertisements being shown.
The Water Cycle Song would be a great video for me to use in my classroom right now. We are learning about weather.
I am not positive, but I believe You Tube is not allowed in my district. I know that we can not access Facebook accounts at school. We also have Deep Freeze on our computers so it erases anything we download every night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree - the ads can be troubling. But the Hooked on Phonics videos are so great. One thing you can try is to make the video full screen, and at least the ads aren't there while you're watching the video. You can also download the videos and view them from your computer - see Thing 10.
ReplyDelete