Is tagging a useful way to organize your digital resources and why?
I think tagging will be useful. I like the idea that you can keep track of sites you use on one computer. Often I will tag something on my home computer and then will have a hard time finding the same site when I am school. I like how through Delicious you can access your tagged sites from any computer.
What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages?
As a community of learners and advantage would be to share sites with colleagues. A second advantage is that you could access the information from anywhere. A disadvantage could be trying to remember what tag you put on the site.
What is important to think about before assigning tags to bookmarks or other Internet content?
I think it is important for you to remember that this information can be shared with others, so you need to be careful what sites you tag. It is also important that you give it a tag that relates well to the bookmarked site so that you and others are able to find it in your tags.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think as you use Delicious more, you will find that it's easier to create and remember your tags. As for being concerned about sharing sites, remember that you can mark a site PRIVATE so that only you can see those bookmarks.
ReplyDelete