Sunday, March 21, 2010

Thing 17 - Online Productivity

After viewing the first couple of online productivity tools, I wasn't sure if I would find one that I would use often. After using LibraryThing, I found a tool that I will use all the time. I spent hours on LibraryThing. LibraryThing allows you to put in all the books you have read. I put in forty of the books that I have read most recently. After you add each book, you rate the book and can write a review if you want. Based on the books you have read and the rating you give it, the site comes up with a recommended reading list. I noticed that several books that I have been considering buying came up on my recommended list. Now I have less reservations about spending money on them or maybe I will even go to the library to check them out.

The site also finds other users who have similar lists as yours and shows you other books they have read.

The users of this site in general give pretty good reviews of the books. I was excited to find this tool. With summer coming up, I will be reading a lot and now know where I can find some good book recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment